Wednesday, September 27, 2006

* potential *

po‧ten‧tial
* possible, as opposed to actual
* capable of being or becoming
* possibility; potentiality
* a latent excellence or ability that may or may not be developed
* someone or something that is considered a worthwhile possibility
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

On Sunday, God impressed the word "potential" upon me - just one word - but a word that means many different things to me. Some negative, as in "Dione has lots of potential, but lacks motivation" as written in many school reports growing up. Some positive, as in potential meaning gifted with many talents, therefore having the ability to make a difference. And I think that God meant for me to take it both ways - a wake-up call and a reminder that He has given me many gifts and talents - He wants me to use them, to make a difference. WAKE UP - stop wallowing in the grief of the past, what kind of parent's my parent's were or weren't - GET OVER IT!

Since Sunday, I have had this word reverberate in my brain - can't get rid of it, it won't leave me alone. So I am going to let it. I am ready to let go of the past, and live in the now, preparing for a future when I can use my talents (my potential). I AM GOING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE! I WILL NOT BE AFRAID ANY LONGER!!! I am now more afraid of what will happen if I don't do this... Fear of rejection, of mankind, of "what will people think" has held me back for far too long.

So meet the new me...

No comments: