Thursday, November 30, 2006

Advent06|the beginning...

I love Christmas, especially since having three extra special children to share the joy of it with... Ever since they were old enough to understand, and probably before that too ;), I have tried instilling in them the true meaning and value of the season. I have tried many different advent activities to do this, but I think I have discovered a winner this year. Kudos to Kiddley.com, a blog devoted to children, because that is where I found the idea.

I covered 24 matchboxes with paper and numbered them, then filled them with idea's for family activities we can do this month. I also placed bible verses for one of us to read to bring us closer to God at this time. To me, Christmas = family & God! And what a great way to share that with my three girls.

I am hoping to post most day's of December, until Christmas Day, with pictures of what we did on that day. Maybe it will enthuse other people to do fun activities with their children in the lead up to Christmas too!

No comments: