Wednesday, June 13, 2007

women's stuff...


I have, for some time now, felt ill every time I get my period. Not physically, but as I am becoming more environmentally aware and my wallet is a whole lot lighter these days - I get sick of paying money out every month knowing its all going to the landfill.

So today, when good old Aunt Flo arrived, I decided to make some cloth - reusable sanitary pads. I used a pattern I got from the internet (which I can't for the life of me find now! :( ). There are numerous patterns available, and the one I got is excellent - has wings, and lining so there are no leaks. I have done a quickish search and to no avail... can't find it.

It feels good to be doing something right! And they look pretty good too - not that anyone else is gonna see them... LOL!

PS. I re-used fabric, by making them out of 3 old t-shirts, an old cloth diaper, half an old towel, and some plastic cloth that has been hanging around for a bit. YAHOO!!!

No comments: