Wednesday, June 28, 2006

what have i been up to?

It's been 8 days since my last post (smack on the hand). In the past week I have been semi-busy and overwhelmed by busy-ness...

I went to a Mainly Music Conference, and was encouraged to become BRAVE. I have been pondering what that means to me. It was a really encouraging time, and I got to catch up with lots of people I hadn't seen in years, I didn't even know they were involved in MM. Weird, eh!

I have realised that I don't cope well with busy-ness, and that I need to keep an eye on what my schedule looks like. Learning not to over-commit... it will be a big thing for me. It's not that I have LOT's on my plate, it's just that when I am spread to thin - nothing works at all. The worst thing was that it all landed the worst week possible {PMT week}. It's annoying that I need to organise my life around that, but life is crap when I don't.

Homeschooling is going well, we have learnt a lot about science - through doing some practical experiments, and we have about 3 on the go at the moment (we are making stalactites, fuzzy balls and checking out what lemon juice, vinegar & water do to chalk). Hope and I are wanting to get fit - so are starting some daily walks. We are trying the 30 minutes a day - push play thing... it's a good place to start anyhow.

I spent last night knitting 2 really gorgeous scarves - see pic - Jonathan was out gaming, and so I had time to spare.

Today was a really nice day, so we went for a walk to the local bakery and sneaked a treat under this really interesting tree {see tree at the beginning of the blog}. It had lots of intertwining branches, and reminded me of my brain... I know, I'm weird! :D Life's all about being weird.

Photo's by Hope.

1 comment:

Melva said...

I'm amazed that you made two scarves in one night...!
Amazing.