Sunday, June 11, 2006

You did what you knew how to do

This year my wonderful hubby bought me Dr.Phil's Family First Desktop calendar. I haven't really used it, but on occasion I read & rip off past pages. I am a semi-fan of Dr.Phil's tell it like it is attitude, it seems to provoke change in peoples lives, including my own.

Back on May 10th his chosen quote was from Maya Angelou. It is one of Oprah's favourite quotes - a fact that most Oprah viewers would know well, and one my friend Jo and I use often.

"You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better."

It's a bit of a mantra in my life. I am constantly learning that I am not perfect - even though I want to be, but there is no point beating myself up about things that I didn't know any better about.

No comments: