Tuesday, August 22, 2006

sick - lax - enough already!

So here I am, I haven't posted since I went away on retreat. If you are wondering how it was - it was GREAT! Not long enough, but a really good time, and I can't wait until the next one which is in November. ( Yes, the countdown starts!!)

I have been really sick the past few days. Fever, chills, grumbles, grouchy.... just a few words that sum them up nicely or not so nicely if you are my husband having to put up with me. I am not a nice sick person!!!

We, as a family, are heading into a busy few weeks. My parents are in the country at the moment preparing for my sister's leap into married life (her wedding is on September 1st). My elder two girls are having their respective birthdays (Hope this Saturday - 26th August and Aimee a couple of weeks later on September 10th). It is truly a scary moment for me as my eldest daughter turns 10 (double digits!!!). It only seems like yesterday that she was born and here she is! Aimee will be 8, and I feel ditto about her!

So we are busy here planning birthday parties and buying pressies for the girls.

Next weekend, Hope will be having a sleepover on Saturday night, and on Sunday my sister is having a hen's party. The following weekend we will be going to her wedding on Friday, brunch with the family on Saturday morning, and a baby shower/house warming party in the evening. Sunday should be easy... :) The weekend following, will be a sleepover for Aimee with her best friend Ashlee, and then a picnic at the Auckland Botanical Garden's on Sunday for some special people that play a part in her life! So, yeah, all in all, a busy 2 weeks - I will be breathing a sigh of relief when it's all over!

Now I just need to get better - and after today - so does Hope, she just threw up - EEEEEWWW! So if you are the praying type, please pray that our household get's better! We need it!!

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Oh, I do hope you all feel better soon. Thanks for visiting my blog the other day and for the nice comment.