Wednesday, February 14, 2007

my new nephew

Welcome to our world, little one!

Isn't he cute!!! I want to reach right into the screen and hug him - unfortunately he lives in Christchurch and I in Auckland. He is just so sweet!

Here is the announcement I just received from his daddy! (I hope he doesn't mind me having it here on my blog - I just thought it was just so damn cute not to have it here)

Hullo,

My name is Massimo Tomas Davies-Patrick. (Cool name, huh?). Here's a photo of me at one and a half days old. I'm pretty cute I reckon – mum and dad say it's all because of them, but that's the sleep deprivation talking.

I arrived one week after my due date, on February 12, 2007, at exactly 6.28pm, weighing 7 pounds, 11 ounces. Mum and dad wanted to have me at home, but after mum labouring away for 14 hours, and me deciding after weeks of perfect positioning to wriggle my way back out, we all went to the hospital in the car (poor mum).

Once there, mum fell in love with the anesthetist who gave her the epidural – mum was much happier and now talking nicely to everyone around her. Mum then thought she have a go at pushing, and "Tah-DAH!" - one and a half hours later, I popped out!

Mum did an amazing job, and dad was pretty good, he caught me and cut my umbilical cord, and the midwives and everyone at the hospital were so nice too. We're really grateful to everyone for making my arrival such a good one.

So now I'm at home, sleeping for 4 hours at a stretch, breast-feeding really well and generally just being cute and gorgeous. Mum is a little tired, but that's mainly because she can't stop looking at me all the time, and dad's just really happy I'm here.

We're really looking forward to seeing you all as soon as we can. In the meantime, hopefully this photo will suffice.

Thanks heaps to everyone who has been thinking and praying for me and mum and dad.

Love you lots,

Massimo (or just "Mo" is fine)
XXOO

No comments: