Sunday, March 11, 2007

babies, babies everywhere!

It seems to me that all the married couples I know are either pregnant or have wee babes at the moment. It is a fantastic time of new life and memories of my own pregnancies (not that mine were great or anything - I was sick the entire time!). Yet, there is a feeling of expectancy and joy around me.

It has brought up some interesting feelings. It would be a "miracle" if we had another child, and yet, it makes me think - "what if...". Very quickly that "what if..." changes into a big "Noooooo!" But it is hard not to be clucky when I know 10 (at least) pregnant women. Most of these women are around my age (early 30's) having their first, second and third children (actually 2 are onto number 5 & 6 - as scary as that sounds).

And here is me - I have three girls, ages 10, 8 & 7. A complete family, I thought. In a way, it's a good thing hubby got the "snip", as we may be, like an old friend of mine, on to number 6 (or was it 7?) I am hoping my friends will lend me their babies to hold when they arrive, let them cry a little around me, tell me their scary labour stories - all to scare me back into the reality of child birth and raising. :)

No comments: