Sunday, April 16, 2006

exposure : am i a good girl yet?

I have just finished reading an awesome book of redemption and healing, today.

Written by Carolyn Bramhall, a survivor of ritualistic satanic abuse as a child, and sufferer of multiple personality disorder, this is an excellent story about one woman's journey to wholeness.

At the beginning of her book she has written a poem about the beginning of being able to share her journey... I would like to share it with you - it moved me to tears.

exposure

Dare I?
Dare I take the risk?
Dare I expose my living-weary heart for you to scrutinise?
If you touch me I hurt.
My hurt is sacred.
Only the few are permitted to glimpse -
Will dare to glimpse
At the vulnerable mix of pain and joy called "me".
But supposing, just supposing
I let you peep at the shattered dreams;
Hope snuffed out - but shining yet.
Maybe you have a carress, balm-breath, oil of love.
Maybe, just maybe, you can help loose the suffocating, screaming bondage
And I could breathe again.
Maybe, just maybe, you can lift
The steel-cold weight of self-condemnation,
And allow waves of friendship
Bathe the thirsty shore of my tired self-worth,
Wasing it into life.
Thank you.
Thank you for allowing me
To allow myself to hurt,
Crushed, but not destroyed,
To show you who I am.
Carolyn Bramhall


I am one person who would like to thank Carolyn Bramhall for sharing her story - it moved me, and in some ways helped me to understand myself a little better. :) I don't have multiple personality disorder, but do understand uncovering secrets from my past. God has given human mind's an amazing ability to handle painful event's through dissasociation. We do however need to find healing from these event's to become whole people. Thanks God, that you are helping me to become whole - redeemed from my past for you!

No comments: