Wednesday, April 05, 2006

stupid?!?

Interesting that the word stupid is used here. We have banned the word from use in our house - mainly because Aimee learnt it in the playground (when she was bullied last year) and was going around hitting herself on the head and yelling "stupid, stupid - Aimee is STUPID". I feel that words hold power and didn't like her doing or thinking this about herself - especially since it simply is NOT TRUE! So we have removed this "s" word from our family vocabulary.

Hope found this verse to be exceptionally difficult to even read today - I think it's because she is 9 and recieving correction is difficult for her, also she doesn't want to be considered stupid... Briahna, 6, I don't think even understood the verse - so didn't care either way.

It is a verse I have difficulty with too - I hate correction (does this mean I am stupid?!?). It is something I am working on - I am not perfect... :]

1 comment:

Geekery said...

If you love learning, you love the discipline that goes with it - how shortsighted to refuse correction! Poverbs 12:1 The Message. (and not an S-Word in sight ;o)