Thursday, April 27, 2006

We need to be following Jesus, serving (working) where He is.

Something I learned from doing part of the"Experiencing God" course last year, is that you need to look for where God is working and join Him in what He is doing.

That is part of the reason why I am helping out on the team of Mainly Music at my church. I saw that God was working with the women there, and I joined them. Too often these groups struggle to find those who are willing to work behind the scenes. You don't get too much recognition for your hard work, but the reward is in seeing lives touched by God.

When you look at Jesus and His ministry on earth - you see He spent A LOT of time with sinners, the prostitutes, the tax-collectors, the ill, the undesirables... No, I am not saying that the mothers at Mainly Music are any of "those types", yet we all need to be loved. I think that is what Jesus minstry says to me - we need to spend time with all types of people, not just the "lovable".

This deserves more thought, than I can give right now - I need to go help my daughter (9) with her mathematics.

No comments: