Thursday, March 30, 2006

LOST!

I love Psalm 23 - it is kinda popular - with funerals and all, but what I like about it is that it's written in allegory, which is a form of writing I use A LOT to explain things. :)

David, has one great admirer in me, he was a shepherd himself before he became king of Israel, and so he fully understood the concept of shepherd and sheep when he wrote this psalm. It's great when you can write and share from a perspective of knowledge.

Sheep are animals that require a shepherd. Without the shepherd, they can't find food, can't protect themselves from predators (they're everywhere), and generally find it extremely easy to get Lost. I have even heard it said sheep are stupid.

Hmmmm, sounding familiar to anyone? We humans can be pretty sheep-like at times. God is most definately like the shepherd in our lives. He guides us, looks out for us, provides for us, protects us, even finds us when we are lost (something I truelly appreciate coz' without God I would be the one who is very LOST!)

No comments: