Friday, March 31, 2006

social stories

I have been given the opportunity to do a course on social stories. This is right after Melva recommended we do one for Aimee to use for Cession Kids Programme. God works in mysterious ways...

I only found out about the course last night and it is for today - so we quickly arranged a way for me to do it. Jonathan is going to have the two girls at work with him this morning and is taking Aimee to her counselling appointment this afternoon - just so I can go to this course. He is so wonderful, and we are so lucky that he can do this!

I have been wanting to find out how to write/make social stories for Aimee as I have heard how helpful they can be for children with autistic spectrum disorders. We have used homemade "comic-strips" for Aimee before, but this could be even better. So, yes, I am excited, because I am always trying to find ways in which to make doing life easier for her.

This is such an answer to prayer - THANKS GOD! :D

So, I will blog about how it went later on today or tomorrow.

1 comment:

Geekery said...

Thats me, Mr Wonderful :o)