Friday, March 31, 2006

social stories part II

well, it was a busy day of learning. I had a whole lot of fun meeting new people, and even meeting a couple of people I hadn't seen in ages. Boy, does it seem that ASD (autistic spectrum disorders) are contagious or something, because so many people I have had contact with have children who have one. I met a woman today, who I hadn't seen in around 7 years, and scary, but her son James has Aspergers. It was great to catch up with her, especially since Hope went to preschool with James.

I have learnt heaps of information about writing social stories, and most of it was very helpful indeed! It made me feel less alone in my struggles with Aimee. I now just need some time to process the information learned.

After the course finished, and since I was in Papakura anyway, I visited an old friend (one that I have been very lax with - hadn't seen her since October) and had a really good chin-wag!

It was the first day in ages that I hadn't spent with my girls, and surprise surprise I realised I miss them - they are great girls and were very good for their Dad today. Sometimes they make me feel like the proudest Mum on earth!

Now, it's time to go off to cell-group and to debrief about today's course with my good friend Jo. Her daughter has aspergers also - see told you it was contagious;)

No comments: