Sunday, March 12, 2006

scrapping perfection...

I created my first ever scrap-booking page last night...

What elation to finally complete one, you see, I have spent the past six months preparing for the moment, purchased all the equipment, blocks, tools, embellishments etc. and then I became scared to actually "start" - performance anxiety in scrapping?!? What could be so scary about putting a photo on a piece of paper and adding crafty touches to said picture? Well, thinking on it, it could possibly have something to do with my struggle with perfectionism, my will to "get it right" that so pervades my life. But, then I had a revelation, it came to me, that I can't do well, without having tried, and maybe failed, a few times. So I bit the bullet and went over to visit a friend, who being in a similar situation to me, understood. We completed three pages between us, and had a great time doing it. :D It seems like I have been bit by the BUG!


Page One - by Dee (this is me and my good friend Jodee)

Page Two - by Dee (this is my sister Paula and her family)

Pretty good for a first go, huh! Even, if I must say so myself ;).


1 comment:

Jem said...

Whoot! That looks aaaaawwwwesome!