Wednesday, July 05, 2006

koyaanisqatsi - post 1

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

In the beginning...

A life out of balance(the story of my life)

Well... I have always wondered about blogging and so here is my contribution to blogdom!

I am a mum to 3 wonderful daughters, each of them very special and unique. I am also wife to a really great guy (Jonathan if you're out there, this butt kiss is for you ;) hehehe!). These exceptionally wonderful people keep my life very full (and also very out of balance). Being out of balance is the story of my life - KOYAANISQATSI! It just makes life more interesting to live life this way...

Anyway, back to my fantastically great kids (do I sound biased here?). My eldest sprog, is 8, and is academically gifted. We are currently homeschooling her, because the local school weren't interested in motivating her to reach her potential. I am really enjoying the role I play in her education, and at times it appears that she is teaching me more than I am teaching her... (a life out of balance) I was especially glad when she regained her love of learning that was lost when she spent the year in public school. A friend of mine mentioned recently that she was impressed with the great relationship my daughter and I have - I of course glowed with joy and pride. It really is not hard to love "H".

My middle daughter, aged 6, is the best thing that ever happened to me. My relationship with her hasn't been the easiest to form, but then the best, most valuable things in life are those that are hard fought for! "A" has Aspergers Syndrome, which was only recently diagnosed. Diagnosis has brought alot of peace to me. I had always wondered if it was my fault that she behaved the way she did. In fact, I had alot of guilt surrounding my feelings towards her. Aimee is, to me, an enigma. She can and is one of the most loving children I have ever met, and yet...

I am sure in the coming weeks, months, I will blog more about this sweet child as we move forward on our path towards the future. Our intention was to homeschool her, as we do "H", but when "A" was diagnosed, we decided to check out what other options were open for her. It turned out that we have an excellent school right next door to us! She has been attending their "nurture class" since the end of July and is really enjoying it there. After all the frustration of homeschooling her (and there was LOTS of frustration on both of our parts!) I am now able to enjoy the time I have with her.

One thing I have learned from this is that just as my children are individuals, their education should be also - What a revelation this was to me!

My youngest daughter, 4, is our miracle child. After almost dying at birth, she had a punctured lung and both lungs collapsed, she survived to be the neat little girl she is today. She is strong-willed, of which I am actually glad, because it's one of the qualities of survivor's! "B" loves going to preschool, girly things, pink, shoes, shopping and talking... Thank God I actually got one "frilly" girl huh! :) At the current moment, we are moving towards homeschooling her.

My life at the moment is all about my kids, but I wouldn't give that up for anything. The pure joy of seeing them "get" something for the first time, knowing that "I" taught them that... Seeing how well they relate to each other etc...

My house may not be the tidyest on the street, but my kids are happy!

Anyway, that's it for my first blog. We will just have to wait and see if I ever get around to doing this again ;)

Dee

posted by hunnybumblenz @ 12:40 PM

No comments: